Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hysteresis loop in positive feedback latch circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

anne rachel

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Could anyone suggest me as to how to analyse the hysteresis loop of a positive feedback latch circuit? i need the small signal analysis of the circuit and the conditions to avoid hysteresis loop...if possible ,please post any material required for the same..thanks in advance ...

To avoid hysteresis, you'll cancel positive feedback...
No idea what you want to achieve.

It might be helpful if you tell what kind of latch circuit you imagine.

Reactions: LvW

LvW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
To avoid hysteresis, you'll cancel positive feedback...
No idea what you want to achieve.

It might be helpful if you tell what kind of latch circuit you imagine.

View attachment cal of hysterisis.pdf

Hi,

thanks for the reply.
I have attached the pdf file which has discussed about the hysteresis in positive feedback latch circuit.. but I didn' t understand how they have come up with design specifications of the comparator with and without hysteresis...if possible,could u kindly help me out in understanding such design specs?thank you ...

The paper compares design with high and low hysteresis, not comparators without hysteresis. Unfortunately it doesn't compare the static transfer functions that show the "hysteresis loop".

Hysteresis can be adjusted by varying the positive feedback factor, in this case by scaling the area of cross-coupled transistors.

As another comment, there's no reasonable purpose in performing small signal analysis of bistable circuits.

Reactions: LvW

LvW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back