Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to write code for secondary boot-loader code for pic18f67k45 micro-controller

kumarr123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am the newbie in pic microcontroller, I want to develop secondary bootloader for my pic microcontroller.
The uC I have pic18f67k40, And the compiler I am using MikroC pro for pic to develop all this things.
I don't know, how to develop it from scratch?

Regards,
Kumar

Hi,

what exactly do you mean by "secondary"?

Basically a bootloader receives the code via an interface from a PC (or any other computer/cell phone ...) using a protocol.
It does a validity check and if good it stores the data to the program memory section.

Read the above two lines again: then very basic, but still extremely essential questions need to be answered by you:
* what interface
* what protocol
* what PC software
* how to enable bootloader mode
... and so on.

And for sure there are more options. I designed a "safe update bootloader". It first stored the received data into an external memory and after verified the whole code it set a "valid flag" and on the next RESET it programmed the code form external memory to internal program memory. This way we could run an update and even if any imaginable error happened we could be sure that either to previouse code or the new code was executable.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back