Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to work on DAC 0808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj Shrestha

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dac0808

I am trying to work on DAC 0808 But I am geting problems and first I want to perform the confirmatory test that my purchased DAC is working.

dac 0808

If you dont have its data sheet download it from here:
**broken link removed**
There you will find test circuits. I would use +/-5 power supply and for test purposes you can connect Vref to Vcc through a 1kΩ resistor.
If you connect all A inputs to Vcc (5V) through 4.7kΩ resistors the output should go close to +5vdc, if you connct all A inputs to 0V the output should be close to -5Vdc.
Regards,
IanP

dac0808 design

The best way to test a dac is to get an adc. These should usually be from the same manufacturer and in some cases, you will get a development kit for a small cost as well to expedite your work.

e.g. Don't try to interface an Intersil ADC with a National DAC. Life is complicated as it is.

First make a small breadboarded setup.

supply the signal to the adc, it should convert it into a digital output word and then have this word goto the dac that should reconvert it. Use appropriate filtering at the output. You stand to learn much from this. It will not be easy.

Wirewrapping solutions would cause less grief and a custom pcb would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back