Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to view synthesis results in Xilins ISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec-eng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ise synthesis report

hi

I use Xilins ISE 10.1 and I can ge thrTL view
Now I want to view the final results of the synthesis process in a graphical form (i.e. gates , multiplexers,....and their inter-connections afer optimization) in order to be able to know the quality of the synthesis process

so please tell me how to do a thing like this

ise view ngc

Hi..

In ISE 9.2 you can see the utilization of LUTs and slices in the Synthesis report. I am not sure whether the same is there in ISE 10.1.

Also, you need to change the properties of synthesis after right clicking on the synthesis in the process window. Now with different properties run the synthesis and then make comparitive matrix with these results.

I hope this helps.

ise view critical path

You can view a schematic representation of your NGC file with Project Navigator. Click File, Open (not Open Project), and then pick your NGC file. It's a sprawling multi-page view. This view hasn't been very helpful to me.

You can also view the fully routed device in FPGA Editor. It lets you zoom in to see component placement, route paths, and internal configuration of slices and IOBs. It may be more detail than you need. You can even edit things, if you are daring.

view ngc files

I think ur asking about the RTL schematic representation or the log file?

If that is for the RTL schematic, then u
1)go to VIEW.

2)check whether the process is checked or not. If not , then click on that process.

3) Then u can see a new process window on the down left of the screen.

4)In that u got SYNTHESIS - XST

5) U will find VIEW RTL SCHEMATIC.click on that.

6) A new window will open with the top module, then right click on that and click on push into the schematic.

7) Then u can see th sub-blocks or interconnections of the gates and others etc..

8) This would be ur schematic representation of ur netlist

I hope this helps u..

Bye
Deepak

view synthesis report

This are possible solution for query u asked (if your synthesis tool is Xilinx Project Navigator):
1.View Technlogy schematic file :This file will show how logic gates and other comb ckt is mapped in terms of LUT in FPGA. Double click on any LUT ,there u will see the internal schematic diagram and its truth table and K map.

2.After synthesis open generate place and route option and in that open "edit and place (floorplanner)option.This will open two window viz one floorplan editor and other placement window in which click on any device ,it will show fly(connectivity)lines that will show connection of that component w.r.t other component.
Now at this point ,if u want to further optimise any critical path in your design use floorplan editor.

If this clear ur doubts ,please don't forget to place help button.[/img]

how view result of synthesize xilinx

hi frndz...

can you tell me how can i edit the clock frequency for synthesis.
In general the Xilinx synthesis is done using the default clock i.e 'pclk'
how can i change the values of 'pclk'??

thanks,

xilinx synthesis report options ise

Hi all,
ui have used ISE9.1....anyways 10.1 will not be much different....
In order to view the utilization of LUTs and other resources, should see the synthesis report..and the floor plan..still u can get the report after every process: eg TRANSLATE,MAP,PAR(place and route) if you want.......
i think i m clear...................

how to view schematic on ise

once U synthesize ur design ..u can directly check the design flow in RTL schematic or
view technological schematic.

open floor plan ditor in ise

you have to see, techolongy map or in floor plan window you can see the resource from there you can query about particular node

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back