Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to used CST sofware to design filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizzudin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
metamaterial filter

anyone can help me to design bandpass filter using cst or give website to me to refer

design filter in cst

hi,

you can't make any design calculations for filters using CST.

you can model your design in CST and simulate for the response, optimize the results

refer

https://www.cst.com/Content/Applications/Category/Filters

also examples in CST software, help contents it has many on filters

design filter using cst 2009

o realy..how about to design calculation u can suggest to me ...or example
i have final project using metametarial to design bandpass filter in 1.8G operats in 4 band in one devices...
any idea to help me ..or refferences
thank for ur above info

site:www.edaboard.com cst

hi,

i am beginner in RF filters... referring to Matthei and Pozar books

but i didn't understand ur sentence 1.8G operates in 4 band....

what are specs

bandpass filter design cst 2009

actually i don,t know how to tell exactly
but i try to design the bandpass filter using CST
the sentences is about the
design of fourth band BPF using metameterial
this design operates in 1.8 GHz in one device
can u help me to design

filter design using cst 2009

hi
so guys if we cant use cst to design BPF so what other software can we use?

cst filter

u may use Ansoft designer, Microwave office, ADS
Sonnet, Eagleware also I suppose

As long as you use capacitive coupling with inductive load, then you have metamaterial filter.

You can simulate it with distributed elements on CST. As reference please go to the Ansoft website and download the application note called "Left-HandedMetamaterial DesignGuide", there you will find some guidelines how to design your metamaterial filter.

Conventional transmission line systems uses inductive coupling and capacitive load, but metamaterials with both negative permeability and permittivity can be obtained using inverse as it, capacitive coupling and inductive load, in other words a gap between a transmission line microstrip will be your capacitor and a via hole shorting the top side to bottom will be the inductor. By doing it, you will obtain both Er and u negative for limited bandwidth.

Regards,

All 3D emsimulators are good for high accuracy but simulation and optimisation times can be quite long. CST is probably the quickest especially using their FD solver but even so it is desirable to have a design which is close, to start with, rather than relying on too much optimisation in the simulator.

There are some programs on this page together with CST model files which may help.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back