Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use wire in HSpice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadegh.j

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know this seems a bit odd, but I need a wire in HSPICE, actually, I do not want to simply connect the two nodes.

I have thought of using a very very small resistor between the nodes, but ...

Re: Wire in HSpice

Hi,
Maybe you can use dependent sources. I have not tried yet, but it may work.

If you need a "wire" instead of a simple connection between two nodes, first you have to ask "why" ??
That means you have to ask which properties of the wire you are interested in.
And the answer mainly depends on the operating frequency range.
(Resistance or capacitance or inductance or all of them ? Or high frequency skin effects ?)

In any case you can use a suitable combination of lumped elements.
In addition, it may be helpful to examine some appropriate application notes in which the simulation model of a transmission line is explained.
I am sure that controlled sources are not the right way.

Hi Sadegh.j

ur " but ..." didnot convey enough info.

If u really want jaust a small resistor then just add r n1 n2 0

hspice itself will take the minimum it can suport.

And ofcource if ur intents are different than this ... then do what LvW has suggested.

The wire is pretty much needed for coding reasons. I am implementing an 8*8 bit multiplier in HSpice. For the input,instead of giving it a pulse, I have decided to directly connect each bit to Vcc and gnd. Since there are a couple of test inputs, I thought the best thing would be to use a small resistor.

I know, it would be more reasonable to implement the multiplier in Verilog or VHDL, but it is the project instructions.

Thanks guys

hi,try this :
v1 out outdum 0

Sadegh.j said:
I know this seems a bit odd, but I need a wire in HSPICE, actually, I do not want to simply connect the two nodes.

I have thought of using a very very small resistor between the nodes, but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.