How to use the six-port transformer EM simulation result in cadence spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wht4665453123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have simulated a fixed geometry 6-port transformer in Momentum and I have the s6p file. How may I import this into cadence to do spectre simulation?

I used the Nport element in analog lib and mounted the s6p file with it. But the DC simulation in spectre does not give expected result. I guess for DC, the touchstone file is not well defined? Also, in the Momentum simulation, should I include freq=0 point, or just simulate the frequency of interest?

I wonder normally how do RF designers do with these kind of EM simulation results? I guess this is a very common question for RF IC designers. Thank you very much for your help.

If you didn't simulate your structure starting from DC, spectre will not extrapolate the s-parameters down to DC.
Generally, spectre has some issues with s-parameters when DC ( f=0Hz) is included, pay attention to this point.Especially PSS analysis may not converge or the results may not be correct because of this discrete s-parameters frequency sampling points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…