Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use single supply to power opamps that need dual supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanov

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 1 battery 9V and must have opamps of single supply. Why I have to connect everything of stating ground in schematic to (-) polarity of battery?

How I can come around using 1 single 9volt battery to be used with a PIC microcontroller for the gound pin. I use 7805 regulator to get 5volts to PIC.

Re: single supply

Your idea is commonly done. The two ends of the battery and an "artificial ground" from the 5 V regulator output. All analog signals will be referenced to the 5 V level. If you use AC coupling in and out, the analog signals can be referenced to the - side of the battery which is also the ground of the digital circuitry.

Re: single supply

Well i guess you mean how to use the op-amps which need dual power supply ,well for this case there is some ct. which makes dc-dc converstion so some ct take the 9v and converts it to +4V , -4V and GND ofcourse

single supply

Flatulent is more exact to use regulators. Ahmed you are right but I do not need such level of complexity for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back