Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use RTOS and how it can trigger functions or interrupts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btminzon

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people

I'm new using RTOS. I have questions: First of all, how can i use RTOS? for example, FreeRTOS, or BOS for MSP430, etc... Do i need to use more than one firmware running in uProcessor, or just one running under RTOS? in case using one software (firmware), how RTOS can trigger my functions, or interrupts? its very obscure to me untill now...Thanks a lot your help

beste regards

rtos questions

You build your program with the rtos.
Your program may consist of several tasks or functions.
The rtos manages the switching between the tasks and the communications between them.

btminzon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
general rtos concepts

you could have sw interrupts, like timer, and hw interrupt, like press a button.

question of rtos concepts

Hi
U can read SALVO user manual (Ch2), it very useful, and so easy, it is describe the behavior of the RTOS (general RTOS not only SALVO) and how managing the overall system, and finally a case study.
i think it will be useful for u
best regards

rtos question

eng_ahmed22 said:
Hi
U can read SALVO user manual (Ch2), it very useful, and so easy, it is describe the behavior of the RTOS (general RTOS not only SALVO) and how managing the overall system, and finally a case study.
i think it will be useful for u
best regards
How can we get the above manual?

freertos pdf api

Hi
You can read scmRTOS user manual (for old version)

**broken link removed**

best rtos books

RTOS as name suggest is a real time operating system. Apart from its real time nature, it functions as normal OS(Windows,Linux).
OS is a abstraction to the low level system functionality. Depends on the OS architecture you can create a task,process,thread.

Lets take a hypothetical example, say you have RTOS X, and it supports only one process(task), and supports n threads. Now you can write a program which uses the API provided by OS to perform some operation. Compile it, link it with RTOS and burn in on the hardware,

Now there is only one user process is running and thread you have created, But depends on the architecture of the OS, there may be some other system processes running to do memory managment, thread management, interrupt handling etc.

question for rtos

A good starting point to understand how the things work is FreeRTOS.
Go to www.freertos.org page and have a look at the tutes.

questons on rtos

start with ucos2 book by jean labrosse.
everything abt rtos will be there and explined in easy way

scmrtos_v2.pdf

yeah, uCOS -II by Jean J Labrosse is a very good book. RTOS concepts by Quing Li is another very good book for starters it is an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back