Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use LM358N comparator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan.jey1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Comparator LM358N

I am using lm358N comparator to compare input signal and the output is the corresponding led depends on the input.

My inputs are varies from 2 -12 volt, they are common inputs.

Ho can I do this?

Thanks for you help

Re: Comparator LM358N

is it like for every volt you have an led to be lit.
i/p:2v-one led,
3v-another led ...

srizbf
17thmay2010

Re: Comparator LM358N

srizbf said:
3v-another led ...

srizbf
17thmay2010

yes you are right.

Added after 4 minutes:

shan.jey1 said:
srizbf said:
3v-another led ...

srizbf
17thmay2010

yes you are right.

Different input in different time, Only one output led to lit depends on the input.
Thanks

Added after 4 minutes:

IanP said:
It looks like you are tying to build a voltge indicator with some opamps and LEDs ..
Have a look at the attached circuit - details at:

http://ecelab.com/circuit-simple-led-voltmeter.htm

IanP
:D

Thanks, Basically I need to build a function box to test switch module. It has up to 8 functions. depends on the switch function only corresponding led need to be on.

Thanks for the support.

Basically I need to build a function box to test switch module. It has up to 8 functions. depends on the switch function only corresponding led need to be on.
In which case you may consider changing the concept of the whole thing and employ a microcontroller, instead of trying to add some logic to simple comparator(s) ..
Microcontroller such as PICAXE (eg. PICAXE-20: The 20 pin version provides 8 outputs and 8 inputs, 4 of the inputs have analogue capabilities) are programmable in the simplest dialect of BASIC (or just flowchart), have A/D converters build in and easily can drive LED directly from pins ..

All what you need (software, manual, example etc. etc.) can be obtained for free from:
**broken link removed**

IanP
:D

if you use lm358 atleast >10 comparators (3 ics of quad comparators) are reqd .

instead i suggest you to check whether lm3914 from national semiconductor will suit you .

it is one ic with 10 comparators inside and with stable ref etc .
your final design may end with one ic itself.
it has on chip led driving for 10 leds.

3914 was meant for such applications .

but please check the datasheet before you start using.

srizbf
18thmay2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back