How to use ICC2 to merge 2 LEFs into 1 monolithic LEF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have 2 LEFs, one is an actual macro LEF, and the other is a "boundary" LEF to be abutted to the actual macro.

I want to shift the boundary LEF to the left a bit, then merge them together, and output 1 monolithic LEF, NOT a hierarchical LEF.

This is what I tried:
Code:
create_workspace tempWork -technology  techfile.mw
read_lef macroLef.lef
read_lef boundaryLef.lef
check_workspace
open_block boundaryLef.lef
move_block_origin -to {-5.04 -5.04}
close_block
write_lef outLef.lef

But this creates a hierarchical LEF that contains the 2 macro names. I want my new LEF to be ONE monolithic macro. How can I do that?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

remember that LEF is a simplified layout of sorts. why don't you merge both in an actual layout tool (say virtuoso) and export a single LEF from it the right way?

remember that LEF is a simplified layout of sorts. why don't you merge both in an actual layout tool (say virtuoso) and export a single LEF from it the right way?

I'm trying to automate this process. I'm not very familiar with SKILL in Virtuoso and find myself working better with ICC2. I deal with Calibre for layouts, and I'm not sure I can read in LEFs in Calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…