Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use commercial smoke detector within our circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrunal Ahirrao

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am struggling to know how to interface the commercial smoke detectors used in fire alarm.I am not able to understand the logic of interfacing these detectors. I have one from system sensor model no-2351E named SMOKE DETECTOR-PHOTO. I am not able to find datasheet of this model but found some wiring diagram on google. But I am not able to understand those wiring diagrams do they work on digital NO/NC or analog? Actually I am building fire alarm system for home but got stuck on how to interface these sensors with microcontroller... Any help would be appreciated.

The usage is described in datsheets e.g.

One or multiple detectors are connected in parallel to a party line, supplied by 12 to 24 V DC through a 470 resistor. If a detector trips, it shorts the line (latched), causing a high voltage drop at the resistor. Opening the loop resets the latch.

so the voltage drop has to be measured using microcontroller ADC?

It's a pure digital information, voltage drop above a certain level = detector tripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back