Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test the dataspeed of VCP for FT245RL

Status
Not open for further replies.

willi1980

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear members,

my name is Willi and I'm still working on a FPGA-project. Unfortunately I haven't got enough experiences, so I hope that anybody could help me.

The problem is the interface between FPGA and PC. First of all I experimented with a USB-PIO interface from bmcm. It is very simple to handle. Unfortunately the interface was too slow and so I decided to take a UM245R board with the FT245RL chip. That will work fine but now I have the problem that it is much more complicated to handle.
I don't want to use the D2xxx DLL because there are just a few examples in VB6. The programmers guide is also in C++, so I decided to use the Virtual Com Port driver.
Now my question: I haven't integrated the UM245R in my FPGA project, but I would like to test the dataspeed with VCP and VB6. Is there a possibility? I tried to send data to the VCP with the MSCOMM1. Normally the data must be in the FIFO of the FT245RL or not. What is if the received FIFO of the FT245RL is full? How is this handled in the FT245RL? Is there a Handshaking Protocol implemented?

Sorry for my English! I'm Austrian! I hope that anyone can help me!
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back