Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test RF link by transmitting data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Ammora

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to test RF Link by transmitting Data such like square wave via serial or parallel port , but i don't know how can i do that ?

Can anyone suggest me a program/Software that enable me to transmitt data via serial or parallel , or is there any other good solution to test the LINK ?

Thanks

Re: Testing RF link

Hi,

If the link is operational you could use hyperterminal to send any file
trough the serial or parallel port via the link to an other PC that has
also hyperterminal running.

Regards,

on1aag.

on1aag said:
Hi,

Regards,

on1aag.

Thanks , But i want to know how can i interface the reciever o/p to the serial port of computer using the HyperTerminal , What circuits or considerations shall i care for ?

Thanks

Abu Ammora said:
on1aag said:
Hi,

Regards,

on1aag.

Thanks , But i want to know how can i interface the reciever o/p to the serial port of computer using the HyperTerminal , What circuits or considerations shall i care for ?

Thanks
You have to use demodulator on the receiving side that will match modulator on the transmitting side. Demodulator should provide output compatible to serial port voltage levels.

ahmad_abdulghany said:
How can data be formed for transimission?
i.e. set to stream of ones and zeros?
Thanks,
Ahmad,
You usually can find special chips for that purpose. But what will you actually use depends on two things:
1. how fast data transmision you need and
2. what frequency range you will use

Dear,

Check this site , Usefull programs with sources for using ports,send and receive

through serial or parrallel port.

**broken link removed**

Abu Ammora

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

memarian said:
Dear,

Check this site , Usefull programs with sources for using ports,send and receive

through serial or parrallel port.

h**p://www.orglerelectronic.com/visualc01.htm#

Well, It's really useful site,
but doesn't contain codes to send files via serial port, but sends text instead...

Anyway, thank you for help,
Regards,
Ahmad,

Hi,

I think you don't need all the bells and whistles of the parallel and serial port.
You can make a microcontroller circuit to generate a PN sequence, feed it to the transmitter, and check it on the scope at the reciver output. You can set the rate of the PN sequence according to the rate of the link you want to test.
Or You can make another microcontroller circuit at the reciver to check for the recived sequence.

The PN sequence can be done quite easly on any microcontroller families.

Regards,
Shohdy

Shohdy said:
Hi,

I think you don't need all the bells and whistles of the parallel and serial port.
You can make a microcontroller circuit to generate a PN sequence, feed it to the transmitter, and check it on the scope at the reciver output. You can set the rate of the PN sequence according to the rate of the link you want to test.
Or You can make another microcontroller circuit at the reciver to check for the recived sequence.

The PN sequence can be done quite easly on any microcontroller families.

Regards,
Shohdy

Thanks , Can u tell me more about that PN sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back