Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test PIR motion sensor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthi Keyan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to test PIR motion sensor by without making any human movement. Which means i want to test PIR motion sensor by using software and testing circuits. Because i want to test hundreds of motion sensor, so i can't check each sensor by making human movement.
Please help me.

Thanks

you need to provide analog values to the sensor directly when you are simulating your circuit. :)

If you want to do a production test for senstitivity a variable IR-source at a fixed distance could help. However to simulation a physical motion you either have to move the target, or the sensor. There are special test maschine needed to test physical values with magnetic or optical sensors in volume production.

Enjoy your design work!

The "IR-source" must be far IR, e.g. an open filament or any electrical heater with small time constant. For a basic functional test, it must not neccessarily be moved, just switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back