Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to tap I2C signal between 2 IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All
I'm a beginner in SSP comm,I want to tap I2C signal between two IC's that are communicating in I2C mode.For this purpose my controller(PIC24FJ64GP008) should be configured as I2C slave.Furthermore I should not interfere by sending out Ack to those lines.Kindly guide me.
Thanks.

Hi gibs,
I suggest you to bit bang (in slave mode) the I2C lines on PIC24FJ64GP008 microcontroller so that it won't interfere by sending any ACK signals. If you use engine, check the datasheet whether you can disable sending ACK signals once you receive any byte.

Regards,

Thanks a lot for the reply.No I can't disable sending ACK signals,so I have to bit bang.Is there any link for I2C bit bang,where I can find good material.

Hi gibs,
You can find a lot of material on how to bit bang I2C lines in internet. Particularly Microchip website hosts lot of application notes on how to do this. Sample code also is available for this. Of course, when it comes to slave, the material is less. But the concept remains the same. You can get the source code for slave also from Microchip tech support.

Regards,

Yeah, you can get what you want from the internet, especially from the Mricochip's webshite.

Status
Not open for further replies.