Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to sythesize design with `define?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natwar Agrawal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using `define MEM_RST in the memory which basically use reset if MEM_RST is defined. While compiling using design compiler I defined MEM_RST in the top file only . But it does take into effect. Is there a way I can do systhesis without defining MEM_RST for each file where it is used.

THanks,
Natwar

If you use synopsys, you may have the following choice:
1): use analyze and elaborate to read in the design, when do "analyze", you can have the -define option, and define your "MEM_RST"
2): use read_verilog command read in the design, and write all your defines in a file: prj_define.v, list prj_define.v at the first line of you filelist.
3): And define is always globle, if you write it outside of "module / endmodule". So you can write `define MEM_RST on the first file you read in. (this is not a good way, why?)

this memory element isn't replace by a macro view (liberty) during the synthesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back