Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to successful convert 110V AC to a constant DC for LED driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertomaldito

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just have a question regarding the Vbuck which is drived into the LED from the AC input of 110Vac. I know AC input will pass Bridge Rectifier and then a large capacitor, to make this dc. Because driving LED must be DC. but since AC peak will be 155V (110 x sqrt(2)), does this mean DC will have a maximum value of 155V?

Is my understanding right?

If yes, how can you possibly make the current constant?

reference - National Semiconductor Triac Dimmable LED Driver

ac led driver

Hi

Don't work to hard - seoul semiconductor have High power AC LED who can work directly from the main power of 220V or 110 V

www.seoulsemicon.com

All the best

Bobi

i.buck led driver ac

Bobcat,

Ni hao.

I need to design my own LED Driver. I am a student studying masters in IC design, specializing in LED current control.

Can you please help me how to successful convert 110Vac to a constant dc. LEDs should be drived from a constant DC only.

Andrew -

led on ac

andrew_matiga said:
Bobcat,

Ni hao.

I need to design my own LED Driver. I am a student studying masters in IC design, specializing in LED current control.

Can you please help me how to successful convert 110Vac to a constant dc. LEDs should be drived from a constant DC only.

Andrew -

you could visit the Powerintegration site. At this link **broken link removed** you can find useful information and schematics about led power supply from ac line.

Stefano

hi im ieka...
i want to ask all of u,n please give some idea about my project.
im doing LED driver without using electrolytic capacitor.
AC-DC converter... input AC=230V, output(DC): Vo=107V, Io=0.7A..
anyone know without using electrolytic capacitor, what is another equipment that can replace it?
because when im replace electrolytic capacitor,with command capacitor, the output not consistent..
always varied.. please anyone help me..this is important n i don't have enough time anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back