Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start with pcb layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holddreams

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to draw a pcb layout,how to start with?
Thanks.

Get PCB drawing software such as PROTEL98 or PROTEL99.
and use it's tutorial and examples

try using PADS from Mentor graphics.
You can download demo version & use it. try using blaze router, it autorouts board. Ofcourse the routing might not be the way you like.

Thanks, for the tutorial. anybody have SPB tutorials?

link_1983 said:

What is SPB ?!

gabeusse said:
there are some good books about PCB design in this page www.ebooksclub.org, you have to register but it's worth.

Link is dead, check it please,

Regards,
Ahmad,

hi

The abbrivation for SBP is Silicon Package Board.
This name is used to denote the cadence product as
Cadence SPB products along with version like 15.2 etc that includes products like
Schematic Capture , Library Design and design editor

Hi
In my opinion i think you'd better know the board size contraint first.Then, think about what kind of the design level is up to example analogue design,digital design,mixed signal design or even high speed design.This is a very important key before come out with your layout design coz it'll affect ur overall performance of the board.If ur design require special attention on mounting always remember the hole size and slots coz this can cost ur time and money.Good luck.

Regards
KP

Hello,

You could try Eagle. Simple and good.

ahmad_abdulghany said:
link_1983 said:

What is SPB ?!

gabeusse said:
there are some good books about PCB design in this page www.ebooksclub.org, you have to register but it's worth.

Link is dead, check it please,

Regards,
Ahmad,

It seems like that link is not dead: you must remove the ,

you should start with the basics and fundamentals behind PCB and Layout Design

You can download rtial version of Altium Protell and PCAD ..they are good for learners

Best Regards

Going to get some extra time to read this manuals. Great!

There are at least 7 softwares you can use, but i think the best way is not teaching by youself, try to find a PCB factory engineering group , after 3 month you will understand basics of drawing PCB.

Leonx@pwb.com.cn
www.pwb.com.cn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back