Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to start ic design

Status
Not open for further replies.

grittinjames

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai friends
im new to ic design . right now im working as a design engineer in a mnc. i like to learn ic design and want to switch my career to that field .
some one plz help me:D

You need practise designing ability through real project and reading some books.also thinking hard anc carefully when you read or design.

chenjia can u plz send me some notes for starting
or can u suggest some good book for begginers

hi!

cmos analog ic design by allen and holberg is a good start. also analysis and design of analog circuits by gray and meyer. Ü

- al

grittinjames, u must better understanding on the basic circuit and how it work..
example of basic circuit such as current mirror, diffe amplifier and etc.
the books that suggest by acbalbason is really good...
i also used that book as reference.

to read design reports and do the simulation following it can improve the design ablity too.

thanks friends some plz send me some e book or notes
thanks

Added after 49 seconds:

thanks

Added after 9 seconds:

thanks

hi
u can refer Razavis Book
regards
analayout

I am assuming you have discrete electronic circuit design knowledge. I would advise you to start with digital design and later move to Analog/Mixed Signal if you are interested.

I would suggest the following books:

Verilog HDL Primer
Verilog HDL Synthesis - A Practical Primer
Digital Integrated Circuits - Jan M. Rabaey
CMOS VLSI Design or CMOS Circuit Design, Layout and Simulation

If you need to refresh on discrete circuit design then "Microelectronic Circuits by Sedra & Smith" or if you are really passionate then "Art of Electronics - Horowitz"

If you are looking for suggestions in specific areas then let us know. So people in appropriate areas will help you out.

Also if you are a FPGA Design engineer then the transistion would be so much easier if not I would advise you to get a cheap fpga board and start hacking away

I would recommend you the book : The art of analog layout, by Alan Hastings. It's a good book and it has the steps you have to follow. I am entering the Analog Layout too, and i hink this book is useful for the start.
You must first understand the technologies used in Semiconductor Fabrication, and then you can start with layout in Standard Bipolar, CMOS and BiCMOS.
Good luck.

Just beginning with opamp,comparator desing, then built some more complex circuit

Sedra Smith microelectronic book is also very good to start from. Allen & Holberg (see post above) are also very good. Razavi is excellent, but maybe start with the other, you will enjoy Razavi, when you have some experience.

you should choice analog or digital
then read some basic tools
a simluation tools is necessary
design a block and simulation

start Ic design, first you had better choose which field you are interested in, analog or digital. the third field in IC design is the layout design.

go to forum: ebook upload and download and find some ebook to read. you can also search your favorite book on this forum.

use microwind soft. tool.

i learned vhdl,i worked with fpga, i know basics of layout design with cadence and also i having 1 year experience with fpga ,but still no company is calling me for interview telling that i am diploma

cmosedu.com Baker is good for the basic, but solid understanding of analog CMOS design

any having idea about analog device interview question for physical design

plz help

i having interview

they can ask everything in an interview :)

but i guess they start with some basic question like MOS transistor, how it works, short channel effect, long channel effects, manufacturing, p-n junction capacitances, MOS capacitance, parasitics, how works a BJT, what the difference between the BJT and MOS, how works a JFET, passive elements in silicon, layout techniques, matcing etc., lambda design rules, but I would show you some layout of the same circuit and ask about what you feel, what are differences (which case there are higher parasitics, etc. and this is good to see how somebody can extract a layout).
Maybe they ask about CAD softwares.

u can refer baker book and related notes for solid understanding of analog circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back