Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulation drop out voltage of LDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjord

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ldo dropout voltage

Please, can somebody help me to simulation drop out voltage of LDO? I know, I have to use transient analysis but don't know how to calculation drop out voltage. Please help me...

how to measure dropout voltage

Hello,

the drop out voltage should be specified in the regulator datasheet. why do you need to simulate it?

Ballimo

drop voltage simulator

Becouse I designed the LDO and have to know him drop out :) But I have to know, how drop out depend on output current and teperature...

simulation drop

as a LDO spec you can define DC load regulation and transient load regulation. ( there are many other but wrt load these are main)

I mean check output voltage when load current is 0 and when full load current, under DC conditions.
This will give you the DC load regulation.

Run a simulation in transient domain with a current pulse at load current. measure the dip that happens at the output voltage and subtract it from output voltage when load current was zero.
This will give you transient load regulation.

you can also measure the output impedance Vs frequency. It will give you voltage drop at a given frequency at the load current.

fjord

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.