Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate phase noise of vco in Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

freewing

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulink phase noise

I'm simulating pll in Simulink. How can I model the phase noise of VCO in simulink? Thanks.

phase noise simulink

maybe you can input some random voltage noise to some point in the ideal simulink circuit. that is to emmulate the 1/f or thermal noise in the actual circuit. the phase noise is caused by the circuit inner noise inserted when the oscillation wave is at or near its cross of zero point.
the book "The design of low noise oscillators" written by Ali Hajimiri (Caltech), Thomas H. Lee (Stanford) talks about this issue more.

simulink jitter analysis

Thanks. Actually, in my case, I know the PSD of the phase noise from the vco. So I want to implement the phase noise model in Simulink. I don't know if I can do this in Simulink or not.

wo finde ich vco simulink

can somenody tell me how to do a jitter analysis in cadence spectre for a charge pump pll.

regards
amarnath

Re: wo finde ich vco simulink

amarnath said:
can somenody tell me how to do a jitter analysis in cadence spectre for a charge pump pll.

regards
amarnath

you can build a freq counter, and calcu the delta to get the period and c-c jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back