Status
Not open for further replies.

sburakc

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

Do you know and could you please help me about how I can prepare a simulation by HFSS or any suggested program for scattering from a PEC half or full plane?

For example, for PEC half-plane located at y=0,x(0,Inf),z(-Inf,+Inf) which is illuminated by a plane wave of exp(-j.k.rho.cos(phi-phi_0) by the incident angle phi_0=60° or 45° or 30°? (any of one is enough)
( I also added the geometry figure with its MATLAB result) (The result was obtained by the relative parameters in MATLAB such as:

lambda=0.1; %%% (this can be any frequency such as MHz or GHz maybe, but rho that is observation distance is chosen 3,5 or 6 times of lambda.)
k=2*pi/lambda;
phi=0:.01:2.*pi;
rho=3*lambda; %%% observation distance can be chosen 3,4,5,6 lambda distance.
phi_0=pi/3;

E_0=1;
E_incident=E_0.*exp(j*k*rho*cos(phi-phi0));

I have mathematical and MATLAB result that I added to this post but I don't know how I can set up this type of structure. Maybe it is easier but I don't know how it is made in HFSS.

I added the half plane mathematical expression result in MATLAB for coming plane wave with the degree of 60°. This means the diffraction will occur at reflection and shadow boundaries of both 120° and 240°. You can see the diffracted waves maximums at these angles.

If you suggest an HFSS design illimunated by phi_0=60° coming wave, by which I can obtain similar rectangular plot for phi(0,360) with MATLAB result which I added to this post, I will be very very happy.

Thank you.

Attachments

• PEC_half_plane_MATLAB.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Geometry of half plane.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…