Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate PEC half plane or full plane scattering in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sburakc

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

Do you know and could you please help me about how I can prepare a simulation by HFSS or any suggested program for scattering from a PEC half or full plane?

For example, for PEC half-plane located at y=0,x(0,Inf),z(-Inf,+Inf) which is illuminated by a plane wave of exp(-j.k.rho.cos(phi-phi_0) by the incident angle phi_0=60° or 45° or 30°? (any of one is enough)
( I also added the geometry figure with its MATLAB result) (The result was obtained by the relative parameters in MATLAB such as:

lambda=0.1; %%% (this can be any frequency such as MHz or GHz maybe, but rho that is observation distance is chosen 3,5 or 6 times of lambda.)
k=2*pi/lambda;
phi=0:.01:2.*pi;
rho=3*lambda; %%% observation distance can be chosen 3,4,5,6 lambda distance.
phi_0=pi/3;

E_0=1;
E_incident=E_0.*exp(j*k*rho*cos(phi-phi0));

I have mathematical and MATLAB result that I added to this post but I don't know how I can set up this type of structure. Maybe it is easier but I don't know how it is made in HFSS.

I added the half plane mathematical expression result in MATLAB for coming plane wave with the degree of 60°. This means the diffraction will occur at reflection and shadow boundaries of both 120° and 240°. You can see the diffracted waves maximums at these angles.

If you suggest an HFSS design illimunated by phi_0=60° coming wave, by which I can obtain similar rectangular plot for phi(0,360) with MATLAB result which I added to this post, I will be very very happy.

Thank you.

Attachments

• PEC_half_plane_MATLAB.png
    PEC_half_plane_MATLAB.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Geometry of half plane.png
    Geometry of half plane.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com