Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate open loop gain with hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have to say I like the scheme suggested by LvW better than the large RC method - more robust.

Keith

either the large RC method or ideal buffer method forces the the dc value of the input and output to be the same. is there a different way to set the dc op of the input and output independently ?

dbmd said:
either the large RC method or ideal buffer method forces the the dc value of the input and output to be the same. is there a different way to set the dc op of the input and output independently ?

Yes, of course. That's the method of offset correction.
Place a (small) dc voltage source at one of the opamp inputs and watch the output during dc analysis until it has reached the desired value. Thus, you can determine the offset voltage which has to be applied to keep the opamp in its linear region.

LvW said:
dbmd said:

Yes, of course. That's the method of offset correction.
Place a (small) dc voltage source at one of the opamp inputs and watch the output during dc analysis until it has reached the desired value. Thus, you can determine the offset voltage which has to be applied to keep the opamp in its linear region.

Thanks LvW. I sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back