Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate frequency offset in Matlab between transmitter and receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeerum

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guyz
i have to simulate frequency offset in matlab between transmitter and reciever at -1kHz and 1 kHz

just dont know how to do it
can anyone help

help matlab

If your carier frequency is:
f=sin(2.4e9*2*pi*t);
then why dont you just subtract the offset?
f=sin((2.4e9-1e3)*2*pi*t);

Re: help matlab

u sure about this?
i read somewhere that we have to multiply it by an exponential function to get an offset
so m kinda confused
what about phase offset...would frequency offset automatically give phase offset or we would have to plugin values for phase offset like we did for frequency?

also if i have to recover my original signal from any arbitrary frequency offset, what would u suggest for it then?

no replies :cry::cry:

Frequency is the derivative of phase (or phase is the integral of frequency). So, if you have a fixed offset frequency, that will result in a varying (linear) phase offset.

Hope that helps...

zeerum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ok fine

but what about carrier recovery?

would be great if someone help me too with pll code in matlab for DQPSK

Well, here is the answer of the offset frequency.
If there could be an offset between a transmitter and a receiver, then the design should be tolerable to it. This can be done by using a PLL or a DLL whose bandwidth is greater than that offset frequency.
Recovery is not a simple thing. There are alot of things that need to be know to determine what you need.

Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back