Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate Chopper amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeline

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chopper amplifier

Since we need to put 2 pulse signal as 2 phases, If we use transient sim, how to simulate the AC gain of the amplifier? Thanks!

how to simulate noise in chopped amplifiers

If you have access to Cadence Spectre, PSS & PAC will do the job.

chopping amplifier

yes, pss and pac is very good for that

spectrerf chopper

yes, I am using Spectre. But I don't know what PSS or PAC stand for, would you give me some details? thanks!

chopper amplifier + pdf

Hi,

In order to measure the AC gain, u need to give dc at both input and AC=1 at one of the positive or negative input. Then, measure the gain by clicking VF at calculater, click at the both output node, then click at both input node and model the formula in calculation and plot. then you will get the ac gain.

regards,
suria3

chopper amp

2 Pipeline:

These a types of analyses Spectre provides. RTFM.

chopper amp simulation

I think it is easy for Spectre to simulate chopping amplifier ac performance. But how about using Hspice ?

cadence chop noise

Pipeline,
PSS is a frequency based analisys. It is used for swithched capacitor circuit and mixers. Using this analisys it is possible to know the gain corresponding to different input frequency taking in consideration frequency translation effect.
You can find more details in the manuals and tutorials.
Also some details on Ken Kundert (Cadence author) site:
https://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/
Hope it helps

pac pss tutorial

To skal81,
Where can I download the manual or tutorial of Cadence Spectre ? Do yo have that ?

chopper amplifier wiki

Hello

below; i attached tutorials to explain how to use many analysis in the spectre,,including PSS,PAC....simulating the phase noise....etc...hope that help you

regards

hussein adel
ASU
egypt

simulating of chopper

Hi husseinadel,
Thank you very much. Do you know where to get a evaluation copy of Spectre??

husseinadel said:
Hello

is this the cadence help documentation ?

thand u .

below; i attached tutorials to explain how to use many analysis in the spectre,,including PSS,PAC....simulating the phase noise....etc...hope that help you

regards

hussein adel
ASU
egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back