Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] how to setup a usb host device??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjalimidhuna

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need directions to setup a usb host device using pic16f1454. i read the datasheet but can't get idea to code it. :roll:
i am using hi-tech c compiler

There is no USB host in pic 16f or 18f it has only device facility. pic 24f is having the host or utg facility.
you can get the sample codes from microchip application libraries.
But i don think it has support for htc.

hi
i need directions to setup a usb host device using pic16f1454. i read the datasheet but can't get idea to code it. :roll:
i am using hi-tech c compiler

as far as I am aware PIC16 and PIC18 devices don't support USB host (some support USB device)
you need a PIC24 or PIC32 device which supports USB host or OTG

Actually i'm looking for a device with 14 or less pin count

The size of the chip is too small in QFN pack. It needs about 5 to 10 pins to configure the USB. you can leave other pins.
I think that is the small device coming with the otg facility in microchip.

from the data sheet of PIC18F4550 i got
• 1-Kbyte Dual Access RAM for USB
• On-Chip USB Transceiver with On-Chip Voltage
Regulator
• Interface for Off-Chip USB Transceiver
Can i use this chip as USB host??https://www.edaboard.com/threads/120839/
but i fount this which says no ,then what this usb transceiver means??

USB is a bidirectional data transfer, for example if host request data then the device will send data. so it is called as transceiver.

but being a host is totally different. It will have lot of mechanism to interact different class of usb devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.