Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to settle MAX3000 outputs on undervoltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnum

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

How can I fix output-defined pins of MAX3000A to 0V during power-up and power-down ?

I realized that output-defined pins tend to go as high as possible when VCC is lower than 2 Volts, so that I get nasty glitches when turning the board on and off.

I suppose there's some Quartus' feature to deal with this matter (I would hate to add extra circuitry).

Thanks in advance,
Regnum

It's a specified feature and common to most CPLD. All I/Os have weak-pull resistors of about 50k, that are active
for the unconfigured device and also during power up.

No problem arises at all for logic outputs, that are defined active low. Active high outputs, that must not show spurious
pulses during power up, have to be equipped with sufficient low ohmic (e.g. 1 - 2 k) pull-down resistors.

Regnum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back