Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set I2C address 24C02 24C08...

Status
Not open for further replies.

polona1010

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How address on I2C bus is configured for eeprom 24c02 24c08...

Can someone explain me that, because I see different ways with pins and with code. I need examples.

DEVICE/PAGE ADDRESSES (A2, A1, A0):

The A2, A1 and A0 pins are device address inputs that are hard wired for the AT24C01A and the AT24C02. As many as eight 1K/2K devices may be addressed on a single bus system.

The AT24C04 uses the A2 and A1 inputs for hard wire addressing and a total of four 4K devices may be addressed on a single bus system. The A0 pin is a no connect and can be connected to ground.

The AT24C08A only uses the A2 input for hardwire addressing and a total of two 8K devices may be addressed on a single bus system. The A0 and A1 pins are no connects and can be connected to ground.

The AT24C16A does not use the device address pins, which limits the number of devices on a single bus to one. The A0, A1 and A2 pins are no connects and can be connected to ground.

The 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K and 16K EEPROM devices all require an 8-bit device address word following a start condition to enable the chip fo r a read or write operation :

add.jpg

The device address word consists of a mandatory one, zero sequence for the first four most significant bits as shown. This is common to all the EEPROM devices. The next 3 bits are the A2 , A1 and A0 device address bits for the 1K/2K EEPROM. These 3 bits must compare to their corresponding hard-wired input pins.

The 4K EEPROM only uses the A2 and A1 device add ress bits with the third bit being a memory page address bit. The two device address bits must compare to their corresponding hard-wired input pins. The A0 pin is no connect.

The 8K EEPROM only uses the A2 device address bit with the next 2 bits being for memory page addressing. The A2 bit must compare to its corresponding hard-wired input pin. The A1 and A0 pins are no connect.

The 16K does not use any device address bits but instead the 3 bits are used for memory page addressing. These page addressing bits on the 4K, 8K and 16K devices should be considered the most significant bits of the data word address which follows.

The A0, A1 and A2 pins are no connect. The eighth bit of the device address is the read/write operation select bit. A read operation is initiated if this bit is high and a write operation is initiated if this bit is low.
Upon a compare of the device address, the EEPROM will output a zero. If a compare isnot made, the chip will return to a standby state.

http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc0180.pdf

Last edited:
Sir,

Can you provide me some example code in mikroc? plese

Status
Not open for further replies.