Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to separate Real & Imaginary Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahriladha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
separate real and imaginary part matlab

Dear experts,

I have problems to separate the real parts and imaginary parts.

let says we have the following equations:

y1 = (a^2-5*a+1-w^2+3*i*w)/(3*a^2+7*a-3*w^2+i*w)

where i=j (imaginary part)

To separate the real parts and imginary parts using matlab, a multiplication with:
(3*a^2+7*a-3*w^2-i*w) is performed to numerator & denumerator.

The M file is shown as below:
w='w'
y1=(a^2-5*a+1-w^2+3*i*w)/(3*a^2+7*a-3*w^2+i*w)
conj=(3*a^2+7*a-3*w^2-i*w)
y1_new=((a^2-5*a+1-w^2+3*i*w)*conj)/((3*a^2+7*a-3*w^2+i*w)*conj)

when I peformed with Matlab, the results were not as expected in which I need to remain the variable a & w. Actually, I'm not sure how to perform separate real & imaginary parts using Matlab.

Could someone help me to advise 1) the appropriate method to separate the real & imaginary parts. 2) How to perform the dy1_new/dw from y1_new.

Finally I should get the value of 'a' and 'w' after answered the questions in 1) and 2).

Thank you very much

Hik

your process is good for separating the real and imaginary components, no comments about other requests

Sal

Just multiply and divide the denominator with the equation and you will get a real value in the denominator. so just divide it with the upper portion of equation and you will get both parts separated.

do you know how to compute them in matlab. thks to let me know if you have examples either you have links or softcopy files. I really appreciate.

thks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back