Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send SMS through a PC connected to a mobile phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMS

anjosoviaj said:
can any GSM module be plugged into the usb port of the laptop..my laptop has only one serial port and i need it for interfacing a PIC...:cry:

No you cant plug wavecom module in usb port, use serial to usb converter,
use max232 ic between wavecom module and pc.

Re: SMS

hi everyone there.. i've got a question here... i'm actually trying to learn more about the PIC... currently i'm interfacing a 16f873a to a gsm modem... the gsm modem is having a baud rate of 115200 and i should use a 20MHz clock for my PIC... does my 16f873a supports the 20MHz clock? thanks for the reply in advance..

i'm still working on the interfacing of the PIC and gsm modem as well...
my connections are actually
RC6(TX) ---> T1IN(MAX232) ---> T1OUT(MAX232) ---> RXD(MODEM)
TXD(MODEM) ---> R1IN(MAX232) ---> R1OUT(MAX232) ---> RC7(RX)

does this work theoritically? i tried experimenting it but it seems not working...
lastly, thanks again!

and btw, do i need to short the rts and cts? could i just leave it as it is? what about the rest of the db9 pins? sorry for my lack of knowledge...

keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back