traxonja

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sms pdu

Hi!

Does anybody know how to send operator logos, graphic messages, ringtones (poly/mono, does not matter yet) via GSM and PDU format.

I've managed to send simple text messages with PDU format and with a Siemens GSM phone. Now, I will probably use Nokia GSM (so it would be nokia to nokia sending).

Does anybody know what are the prefixes of that kind of PDU message (for ringtones or logos). I just can't find it on the net

Any tips would be great. I will probably write an application in Delphi (it doesn't matter, but anyway...).

One more thing. While I was sending SMSs with S25 Siemens, I have noticed that the maximum text (message) length is 48 chars??? Why is that???

All best,
Trax

www.elektronika.ba

send 8bit pdu

PLease have a look to book already uploaded here :
hxxp://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/searchtopic65181-sms.html

The issue you asked is already explained there .
Ringtones and logos most probably is proprietary implementation done by manufactoring companies .

The play with information within PDU to divert received message reaither to internal application than to user .

Related to Siemense , may be in PDU mode it can send up to 160 if packed 7 bit format or 140 unpacked 8 bit coding .
Ask Siemens support for detailed infromation .

pdu picture sms

THANKS ALOT MAN!

About the Siemens now, I allready packed it. 7bit encoding (pdu). As described in AT Command Set for Siemens S25 document, Siemens only supports 7bit coding alphabet (PDU) for sending SMS.

I will check now the link you have posted. Thanks.

Trax

maximum text for pdu

hi there i need to know how to send the text message using pdu mode...i know to send through text mode but i cant understand the pdu mode...and book or article which guides me to understand pdu mode?

thanks

send picture using pdu

All you need to know about PDU format is here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.