Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send picture sms with PDU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traxonja

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sms pdu

Hi!

Does anybody know how to send operator logos, graphic messages, ringtones (poly/mono, does not matter yet) via GSM and PDU format.

I've managed to send simple text messages with PDU format and with a Siemens GSM phone. Now, I will probably use Nokia GSM (so it would be nokia to nokia sending).

Does anybody know what are the prefixes of that kind of PDU message (for ringtones or logos). I just can't find it on the net

Any tips would be great. I will probably write an application in Delphi (it doesn't matter, but anyway...).

One more thing. While I was sending SMSs with S25 Siemens, I have noticed that the maximum text (message) length is 48 chars??? Why is that???

All best,
Trax

www.elektronika.ba

send 8bit pdu

PLease have a look to book already uploaded here :
hxxp://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/searchtopic65181-sms.html

The issue you asked is already explained there .
Ringtones and logos most probably is proprietary implementation done by manufactoring companies .

The play with information within PDU to divert received message reaither to internal application than to user .

Related to Siemense , may be in PDU mode it can send up to 160 if packed 7 bit format or 140 unpacked 8 bit coding .
Ask Siemens support for detailed infromation .

pdu picture sms

THANKS ALOT MAN!

About the Siemens now, I allready packed it. 7bit encoding (pdu). As described in AT Command Set for Siemens S25 document, Siemens only supports 7bit coding alphabet (PDU) for sending SMS.

I will check now the link you have posted. Thanks.

Trax

maximum text for pdu

hi there i need to know how to send the text message using pdu mode...i know to send through text mode but i cant understand the pdu mode...and book or article which guides me to understand pdu mode?

thanks

send picture using pdu

All you need to know about PDU format is here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.