Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to route the two connected(neighbour) pins of IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwuf

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Everyone,

For the two connected neighbour pins (same net) of an IC, how should we route the wire between the two pins?

One option is just to draw a line between pins, but it would be causing a problem : there is solder bridge seated on the pins (at the condition of no solder mask dams between the pins)

The other option is to draw a line that does not occupy the spacing between the pins, in other way of routing them.

Which is correct?

Please find the attached pictures you will get what I am talking about.

Best Regards,
David

Attachments

• modified.jpg
    modified.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 85
  • original routing.jpg
    original routing.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 127

Hoping that it is not any high frequency line, you can route it in either way. Shorting directly would be the best thing to do, but as you some constraints doing that, you may route it like what you said. No harm in doing that as long it is not a High Frequency stuff

If your company uses ATE testing they prefer the first method, ie joining the pins together outside of the pins. To be honest I have used both, and never had problems. What I would say is though you do need a solder mask dam between pins, that is more critical than how you route the pins together.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back