Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to rename a file in VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vb.net rename file

Hi

I was writing a small peice of code in order to be able to change the file name from within my software. Any one has idea of how I can do that.

Thanks in advance :)

from VB6 i remember a command called Name, im not sure as to whether it will work in VB.NET but its worth a try

Hi

My friend, there is no RENAME method in VB.NET, thats why I was asking on how to make it.....

man be more specific what file name are you on about ? your applications exe etc... wtf name do you mean
???

ps happy new year...!!!

:|

Hi

I need to specify a file from the open dialog, then I get its name, after that I want to process the file name, for example, use ToUpper method to make all letters capital, after that rename the same file with the new processed string.

Thanks

Hi

I just need to know how rename a file in VB.NET,thats all. For a practiced programmer, its too easy to answer.

Thanks

VB.NET source code showing how to move or rename a file.
' How to move / rename a file.
Private Sub button6_Click(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)

Dim fi As New FileInfo("myImage.gif")

fi.MoveTo("myImage2.gif")

End Sub 'button6_Click

Hi

Thanks alot. I have already solved that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back