Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remote logon in Cadence IC5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duron999

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence remote

How to remote logon in Cadence IC5 ?

&

Which tools are more difference to use ? Tanner of Cadence ???

Thanks !

how does xwin and cadence work

It depends on your IC5's license and platform. If you have a network license, you should do that easily even on PC-based platform with Linux OS.

Regards,
KH

xwin cadence

Remote logon has nothing to do with Cadence. It is an OS feature which can do in every nowaday OS both Unix, Linux and Windows, but, of course, Cadence doesn't run in Windows.

When you set up your own computer or receive a permission to remote logon to other server running Cadence, just invoke the software like you are in front that machine. That's all.

For the second question, if you think your future profession can effort Cadence then you should have its experience since now, otherwise learning Tanner software would be a greater choice since it is far more effortable.

running cadence remote

Amuro said:
Remote logon has nothing to do with Cadence. It is an OS feature which can do in every nowaday OS both Unix, Linux and Windows, but, of course, Cadence doesn't run in Windows.

When you set up your own computer or receive a permission to remote logon to other server running Cadence, just invoke the software like you are in front that machine. That's all.

For the second question, if you think your future profession can effort Cadence then you should have its experience since now, otherwise learning Tanner software would be a greater choice since it is far more effortable.

which tools use most in the market ? thanks !

I use a win32 based program called as XWinPro-32...its damn cool...I can login to the Solaris workstations which are running Linux and then run Cadence all from the comfort of my own laptop which is running WinXP...its veryy very useful.

The number one in market share of this field is "Hummingbird Exceed", but, personally, I'm using Starnet X-win32 because it is cheaper, smaller and then quicker. Of course, it has less features than Exceed, but these are features I don't even think of in everyday use.

Xwin 32 has bugs and you will face problem, it is better to choose Exceed

Johnson said:
Xwin 32 has bugs and you will face problem, it is better to choose Exceed

Yes.....i try it these day, when it hang,
the file can only open as read-only .......
do anyone know how to fix ? thanks !

Maybe the options need to be set correctly.

I can give the settings in my case.
I am quite certain that most will need the same or similar settings. Run XSettings.exe from the Start-> Programs-> X-WinPro x.xx group

1) The "Use XDMCP" tick box must be chosen.

2) click settings below the tick box mentioned above and make sure that "XDMCP mode" is set to "Broadcast"

3) The "Reset XServer at XDMCP Close" must alone remain chosen.

4) Type in the ip of any of the machines that u need to do a remote login into. If you have multiple machines then create a .txt file and type in all the ip
numbers with labels. Then type in the path to this file in the "Broadcast List File" text box. Now you get to see the number of users logged in, in each of the machines and u can choose one among the many machines.

5) in the original XSettings dialog box make sure that the "image format", "radio" control is set to "Auto" and that the X depth (bits per pixel) is set to 8

Mostly these should get XWin up and running.

Depends on your PC and WS anyways.

XDMCP is known to be unsecure and resources hunger, please consider using it in a small area behide the fire wall.

For me, Starnet X-Win32 is very stable and quick. Don't know why you face the problem. About file was changed to be read-only, have you tried to change its permission back by chmod command? I think it would work.

Just a short remark.
You don't need to pay any expensive license (like exceed..) to be able to access remotely your remote workstation.

There is a free alternative to Exceed, Reflection-X, Xwin32, etc..

Just try cygwin:
www.cygwin.com

You will have a full unix/linux emulation including a full X11 environment under Windows. No need to install linux....

It is free, no special license required, etc...

Besides remote connection availability you will also have gcc , etc...

I have used it for sometime and was quite happy with it.

S.

Xwin is very slow over WAN connections, does not allow to resume or suspend sessions (might be interested when perforing topsimulations) or you must buy an Xserver, it's bandwidth consuming ... but hence it's very userfriendly.

Depending on the OS, you have different connection methods:

Solaris
--------

Xwin
Cygwin
VNC

Linux
------

Xwin
Cygwin
VNC
Xrdp