Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce the interaction between the two filters in a combiner design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefrancais

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody,

These days I design a combiner/ divider with the suspended stripline technology at the frequency arond 1 gigahertz. To separate the 2 signalsin input : i use one high pass filter and one low pass filter connected together in parrallele.
But I have a problem...
The problem is that the low pass filter ( with a higher order than the high pass filter ) interact a lot on the high pass filter and make his return losses ( of the high pass ) increase a lot ... and not acceptable for my application.

does Someone have an idea to reduce the interaction between the two filters maybe one element to add i don t know...

if someone have good idea thanks a lot.

Re: combiner...problem

I'm not sure what software you're using for the design, but you might try adding a shunt inductor at the HPF/LPF junction for out-of-band matching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back