Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read a datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalWork

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Mentor,

I am a new bee to electronics.
I want to know how to read a datasheet of any components.

Thanks in Advance
Sincerely
DigitalWork

That´s an empty question.

There are many information at datasheets, mainly related to mechanical, electrical and thermal scope. You must specify exactly what device intend to use, and for what purpose need to take the data.

+++

Hi Mentor,

I know how to read Mechanical specs but do not know how to read or what to read in Electrical Scope.
For general ICs as Opam,DAC,Microcontroller,Wifi IC, LDO etc IC what we require from datasheet
Thanks in Advance

It is really dependant of your application, means, it is very difficult to have a component which are top parameter.
I means a intel Itanium processor has a lot of power processing, but consumme too much, and cannot fit in hearing aid.
You had some need and you find the best product which will fell your needs, it is generally a trade-off.

Datasheets are instruction manuals for electronic components. They (hopefully) explain exactly what a component does and how to use it. Unfortunately these documents are usually written by engineers for other engineers, and as such they can often be difficult to read, especially for newcomers.
The first page is usually a summary of the part’s function and features. This is where you can quickly find a description of the part's functionality, the basic specifications (numbers that describe what a part needs and can do), and sometimes a functional block diagram that shows the internal functions of the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.