Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to provide this motor with power to give enough torque?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo2

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me

Hi all.
I'm new in electronics world and I have been designee my first simple line tracking robot, the circuit works fine but my problem with the motors. They are 9 v dc motor they works separately in order to moves the robot body according to incoming signal from the main circuit. My problem with these motor is the out put torque it's not enough to move the robot body which is from carton, how I can provide this motor with enough power to give enough torque ??
the motor is connected dirctly to the 9V battry and the circuit closed and open by npn transistor which is oporate in sat and cutoff according to incoming signal from the main robot circut

Re: please help me

Have you tried the circuit without transistor. MAy be the current sinking from the transistor is not ehough. If it is still not proper without transistor; than you have to change the motors or increase the windings of the motors.

how about trying to use servo motors

u can buy tamiya power rotors

with different speed settings

please help me

I had a friend who also needed to increase the power of a motor he was using. He ended up using a motor driver IC to increase the current fed to the motor but in case you use such IC you should be careful becuase the IC temprature could be very high. Also, try to add some fuses to the circuit (for protection) just in case the current increased above the limits of your circuit.
Good luck

Hi,

The Important thing you should pay attention is Your Motor Specification.

I guess you had used DC Servo Motor For this Purpose.
In your Motor Spec they Must Be:
a - Power Supply Voltage
b - Power Consumption (Eg. 9v 0.1A ->0.9 Watt)
c - RPM of the Motor in the Specified Supply Condition

it's better to use Darlington Transistors with Builtin Protection Diode (Its Good
protect the Circuit against the Electrical Sparks the motor cause.

For Low Power i think (ULN 2803 -8 Darlington Transistors IC) is a Low Cost Compact Choice.

But For More Power (About 4 to 6 Amp) TIP122,... are Good Soloutions.

They Both have Protection Diodes Built in.
If Your Motor Use High Power Power MOSFETS with Heat Sink is recommanded.

please help me

You could gear the motor down. This will increase your torque, but reduce your speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back