Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program microcontroller in C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popat_panjaru

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all

can anybody give me a direction how can i program microcontroller in C

Although i have enough knowledge of C and Micrcontroller both

bt do not know how to program a microcontroller in C

plz members help me

Popatlal Panjarawala

Re: Microcontroller in C

u must consult mazide's
book

Microcontroller in C

Wan t to Program a Microcontroller./

which Microcontroller u want to program it and what complier ur using for that. Every controller has seperate programmer. so let me know what complier ur using and what programmer u decided.

Hi

First of all, you must say which microprocessor you want to program. Several devices can be programmed using the gcc compiler from GNU. Others demand a commercial software tool. For example, the MSP430 from TI can be programmed using the starter kit from olimex (and parallel port JTAG) with IDE form IAR, crossworks, or mspgcc GCC toolchain for MSP430.

Best Regards
Pendragon

hi to all

i would like to program AT89 series of microcontroller

can anyby give me a direction what to do and how can i program it

also how instruction will work in C

Popatlal

Hi.
You can use an external programmer for programing the AT89 series.
And some series supports ISP through serial

If you want to achieve a little hand on uC, you can try MPLAB IDE for PIC that can simulate uC run-time behaviour

if i want run uC AVR on keil but can't install keil 8.08a

:D www. electoday.com

Microcontroller in C

Thanks.This too will help me

From my own experience, i find that programming microcontrollers in C would be easier if we understand the architecture of the MCU, including its registers, its instruction sets, its interrupts, etc. Hence, learning a bit of assembly first won't hurt ;-)

You should have the tool first, select microcontroller which microcontroller you interest , next step you should find the C compiler, next importance you should find the debugger such JTAG or incircuit debug, this will make you fast understanding on programming.

popat_panjaru said:
hi to all

i would like to program AT89 series of microcontroller

can anyby give me a direction what to do and how can i program it

also how instruction will work in C

Popatlal

here is a link to make your own programmer
**broken link removed**
works fine for 8951,8952, with little modification can do 2051
I want to give u an advice by virtue of my experience in order to save ur time (I am working on MCS51 and other processors since 1992) is that buy an evaluation board (as low as $20-50)

good luck

popat_panjaru said:
hi to all

can anybody give me a direction how can i program microcontroller in C

Although i have enough knowledge of C and Micrcontroller both

bt do not know how to program a microcontroller in C

plz members help me

Popatlal Panjarawal[/url][/u]
\]

hi to all

what r the difference between AVR, PIC, AT89C51?...

which are the charasteristics which differs each other?

what are the advantages and disadvantages?...

also plz tell me what the clock freq of each MIC?

Popatlal Panjarawala

Microcontroller in C

well programing a microcontroller is not an easy job... u must know the internal structure of the mcu i mean the registers etc...for that u should consult the web site ..

www.8052.com

and u can also consult the mazidi book "The 8051 Microcontrollers and Embeded Systems" ...
the first edition of this book is related to Assembly programming only but in the second editiion, which is launched recently c programming is also included...
i my point of view this is the best book i have ever studied and indeed is best for the beginners and experts... u should buy this book...if u really want to be a master in mcu programming...
i have many soft copies of books regarding the mcu programing in c. but the eda board restricts the posting of ebooks so give me ur email id and i will send them to u over there..

if u found this reply helpful then click helped me button below

Keil compiler is the best compiler to write a program in C for AT89 series controllers.

i think it will be a good book

The best source to gain knowledge about microcontroller and C is Mohammad Ali Mazidi book. Use keil compiler and check little programs available in that book. You can gain a good knowledge in microcontrollers interfacing with that book itself. You can also log into www.8052.com for any other doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.