Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot transconductance in cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhadelokesh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Actually i have to plot the transconductance w.r.t vx for the circuit which is attached as a file with this thread. Please help me. I am new to the cadence.

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 402

Hi Lokesh, Transconductance is Id/Vgs. It is very easy to plot this using calculator .

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Lokesh, Transconductance is Id/Vgs. It is very easy to plot this using calculator .

Hellol

make Vdd constant and sweep VGS from zero to vdd, this assure that the transistor is always On Saturation, plot the graph of Id which will be function of VGS, then by using the calculator take the derivative of the graph (id/vgs) which give you the value of gm at the point of interest.

dont surprise you will not get a constant value because the current is changing too much, this is not the case with the amplifier, there we work under small signal condition so gm will not approxiametly vary and hence we consider it constant.

- - - Updated - - -

any way you dont need to connect a voltage source at the source, put it directly at the ground

Hi varunkant,
I am new to cadence can you please help me how to use calculator.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi senan,

Actually, i am new to cadence if you can please guide me how to use calculator in cadence.

Welcome

I am sorry but I am using Eldo from Mentergraphic I dont know about Cadence

Lokesh, Its really simple,a nd once you will go to calculator tab you can learn it very easily. You can click to voltage or currnet node to get the values and then click to evaluate. try the cadence manual also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back