Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot IP3 in LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minchuu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have been unsuccessfully searching on how to plot the third order intercept point or IP3 in LTSpice. I know that its the output power vs the input power both on log scale. However, I can't find my way in LTSPice, as I am still a newbie. My schematic is attached.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• LNA.rar
    733 bytes · Views: 83

Non-operational LNA circuit, drain power supply missing.

1625062199346.png

LTspice forum https://groups.io/g/LTspice has some hints on IP3 measurement. Generally, you need to perform a large signal measurement with stepped input level and use an appropriate method to measure third order IM products or thir harmonic, e.g. FFT.

Non-operational LNA circuit, drain power supply missing.

View attachment 170506

LTspice forum https://groups.io/g/LTspice has some hints on IP3 measurement. Generally, you need to perform a large signal measurement with stepped input level and use an appropriate method to measure third order IM products or thir harmonic, e.g. FFT.
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. May I ask what does drain power supply missing mean? Sorry, I am new and this is all of the components I see in resources so I do not know what drain power supply to add. How can I fix this LNA circuit? It's supposed to be within the BW 0.65MHz - 1.45 MHz with input and output impedance of 50 ohms, NF of less than 3dB, power gain ~10sB, and IIP3 of greater than -0.5 dBm.

Thanks in advance.

No idea how you arrived at this circuit. How can a MOSFET amplify without drain current? You want e.g. a choke connecting node "M2_drain" to a supply voltage. Gate bias voltages most likely need adjustments, gate series inductor of 0.045 H makes no sense.

No idea how you arrived at this circuit. How can a MOSFET amplify without drain current? You want e.g. a choke connecting node "M2_drain" to a supply voltage. Gate bias voltages most likely need adjustments, gate series inductor of 0.045 H makes no sense.
I followed this lecture with a mix of this schematic resource. I also attached my computations based on these resources. I'm really sorry, our instructor did not really teach us anything about this design- and computation-wise, so we are going in blind with this. It would be much appreciated any help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• lna_computations.pdf
    402.5 KB · Views: 110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back