Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to move data between two clock domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wais

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to move data between different clock domains? possibly Single and Double data rates too.

I know a dual clock FIFO could be used for that purpose. but it is not needed!!
the design is a counter running in one clock domain and writing the value to a register, and the value is read in another domain. it is more of a dual clock register if I could say so!!

How could something like this be done? a whole FIFO is not needed and will just be a waste of resources.

instead used double flop synchronisation for all the values registers, you could only do that for a ready signal, which indicate the registers is stable and couldbe read by the other clock domain, that reduce the power and area.

Reactions: 3wais

3wais

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the tip, After searching I came across that pdf which I found very useful.

It may help whoever faces the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back