Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to mount a BGA chip on a PCB board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question about BGA mount

Who can give me some advice on how to mount a BGA chip on a PCB board ? What kind of special devices needed to mount it on ?

thanks

Look at topic:

**broken link removed**

If the pin count is low, I can do it with a heat gun. You must mark the PCB with an outline so that you can center the part. Touch a soldering iron to each PCB pad with a little solder and then remove it with solder wick so that each pad is tinned. Place the part on the board and then heat it with the heatgun. I use a wooden toothpick to gently push the part down to hold it in place when the solder reflows. It would be nice to have a paste stencil but sometimes you cannot afford one. This won't work if you have already removed the part and the balls are damaged.

So guy's I think, that mounting BGA without optics... :x

Be care about the moisture.

It will destroy you bga while heating.
After done this, I got 100 % sucessful in both smt production or
the bga mounting machine.

flowers

Could someone recommend a low cost BGA mount service in USA?

I only have several BGA chips to be mounted.

Thanks

You may get problems even with machine mounted bga chips, especially with fine pitch ones. I have seen a lot! I think XRAY equipment is a must for post manufacturing inspection of bga chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back