Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the power of CPW mode in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouchouicha

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cpw number of modes hfss

Hello

I used HFSS software for design one antenna at 30GHz; I will use this antenna in receiver mode. I want measure a power of coplanar mode (CPW) received by antenna.

I used the help method (P=Re∫ExH* ds) but, I can find only the total power accepted in the wave port.but I want measure only the power of CPW mode

Please can you help me?

power CPW mode in HFSS

How many modes are supported by the wave port that you have set up? View the fields on the ports to determine if you have set up the correct CPW mode. Remember that the wave port sidewalls must extend over and touch the side grounds to set up the correct mode.

I would think that if there is only one propagating mode on the port, then that is the accepted power of the CPW mode on the port. If there are multiple propagating modes, that's probably not a good thing. The S11 value will tell you how much of the the input power is reflected from the antenna.

I hope this helps -- I don't quite follow all of the question. Good luck.

Re: power CPW mode in HFSS

hi,
is there any material specifically on modes in CPW etc?. what r the modes in cpw? even ,odd, parallel plate mode..there are only ones i know
help pls
cv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back