Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure the 13.56MHz class E amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephchiang

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I wanna know how to measure the 13.56MHz class E power amplifier.

This question may sound easy to deal with it but it have confused me for a long time.

I know how to get the optimize value of each parasitic componenet, including parallel capacitor Cp, series resonant circuit achieved by Cs and Ls , and the nominal resistor which related to output power.

The thing really confuse me is that the nominal resistor doesn't exist in real application, does it just mimic the reflected impedance from the tag, right?

By the way, the amplifier is used to RFID system. I don't want to count wireless transmission loss in. I only want to know the power efficiency of the power amplifier.

I have a ideal may be work. Just add a load on the secondary side but in this case it will count wireless power transmission loss in.

Have anyone could help me.

Any help is deeply appreciate.

As you are talking about non-existing components, it seems to me that you mean simulate rather than measure?

As you are talking about non-existing components, it seems to me that you mean simulate rather than measure?

Does that mean the nominal resistance is created virtually for calculated the output power.

It didn't exist in real application of class E amplifier.

But if it is true. how to get the power conversion efficiency of this block only in the whole system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back