Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure Terrestrial TV signals level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overflow

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good evening,

I'd like to design a circuit to measure the terrestrial TV signal level (measured in dbµV) on a display. As you well know, this is a function available on a TV Field Strength Meter.

This circuit must allow you to select the TV channel (frequency) so you can then measure the signal level at that frequency

Have you some idea on how to implement it by using a PIC controller ?

Regards,
Overflow

It's of no consequence using PIC. Such measuring instrument must have TV tuner and IF amplifier with IF level detector. Role of PIC should be a selection of TV channel (over I2C) and displaying signal level on LCD.

overflow

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You are 100% right. The suggestion of to use a PIC was of course related to control section of this circuit. I found this usefull link:

**broken link removed**

In figure 13 you can see the basic blocks of a level meter. Do you know some dedicated schematic or IC to implement the IF amplifier/detector ?

Thanks

You can manage the problem by using tuner-IF section of a TV receiver. It has I2C for channel selection and IF section with video and sound demodulators. IF amplifier-demodulator chip has AGC pin which gives a voltage proportional to antenna signal and it can be used for signal level measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back