Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure amplitude and phase differenc between two sine signals with same frequ

Status
Not open for further replies.

veerubiji

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to measure amplitude and phase differenc between two sine signals with same FREQ

Hello,

I am generating one sine signal using micro controller. I don't know how much amplitude it is but i am generating sine wave with 250KHz frequency. I am giving it to Capacitive sensor. I want to measure phase difference between sensor input and output signals and as well as peak voltages of sensor input and sensor output. Is there any circuit that i can measure both signals amplitudes and phase difference? or Any method?

Thanks in advance.

hi veerubiji,

how about using an op amp peak detector to get the two amplitudes of the 2 sine waves ????? then you maybe can use an op amp circuit to get the difference in the two amplitudes.

Or measure the time between the zero crossings of the 2 signals to get the phase; and since the frequency is constant, a reading taken one/fourth the complete cycle period after the zero crossing would give you the amplitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.