Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to match three types of resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey0908

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would anyone please tell me how to match three type resister? they are same size and the ratio is 9:1:9 .(AAAAAAAAABCCCCCCCCC)

Match!!!

I dont know what your area constrant is and how crucial the matching is. But here is apossible solution:

D A C A C |A| C A C A D
D D D D D |B| D D D D D
D A C A C |C| C A C A D

D represents dummy and the y-axis of symmetry is where A B C reside (vertically) shown by | |.
There are many more solutions and hopefully this gives you an idea.

Match!!!

The solution proposed by cellphone (sorry cellphone) isn't good and have some clear mistakes.
It's better to increase a number of unity resistors, e.g. 18:2:18 or 36:4:36 (more elements = more precise matching). Matching pattern for example
DACCAACCAACCA|ACCAACCAACCAD
DACCAACBBCAACCA|ACCAACBBCAACCAD
Don't forget about thermoelectrical effect at the resistor contacts. Number of resistors (A,B or C) must be even, and for two neibor resistors AA,BB,CC the direction of current flow must be opposite.
Good luck.

Re: Match!!!

DenisMark said:
The solution proposed by cellphone (sorry cellphone) isn't good and have some clear mistakes.
It's better to increase a number of unity resistors, e.g. 18:2:18 or 36:4:36 (more elements = more precise matching). Matching pattern for example
DACCAACBBCAACCAB|BACCAACBBCAACCAD
Don't forget about thermoelectrical effect at the resistor contacts. Number of resistors (A,B or C) must be even, and for two neibor resistors AA,BB,CC the direction of current flow must be opposite.
Good luck.

The solution proposed by Denis is good, but for a small detail: dummies must be all around for they to be effective, as otherwise the central row sees a different surrounding than the upper an lower ones.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DACCAACBBCAACCAB|BACCAACBBCAACCAD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Match!!!

Hi Humungus. I'm really confuse because i have read a lot of books about analog circuit and layout design and have never seen such rule as "dummies must be around" resistor array. Can u provide reference?
From the viewpoint of mismatch introduced during manufacturing (e.g. during etching) that dummies gives nothing. Improvement of electrical surrounding I think is very ambiguous too.
Can anybody explain or arbitrate?

Match!!!

Yes, I agree my proposed sol. has mistakes. Thanks for pointing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back